We advise clients on joint ventures, strategic alliances and similar business arrangements. A particular practice strength is in our Firm’s counsel to the entertainment/media and renewable energy industries. We possess industry-specific knowledge and experience in various areas and provide clients with substantive and strategic advances in their deals and agreements.
Our representation is informed by an ability to understand and accommodate our clients’ risks and achieve goals while we help them expand their business relationships and alliances.
- Counsel a limited liability company owned by the three cable service providers in the Los Angeles area about national, regional and local advertising in cable programming.
- Advise investors with respect to joint ventures, research and licensing agreements by and among universities and government agencies.
- Represented an Academy Award-winning CGI/special effects company in connection with its creation and development of a ride at a theme park in the United Arab Emirates. We represented the same company in structuring a venture with a French company designed to expand both entities’ businesses throughout the world.
- Counseled software and other licensors as to OEM, marketing and other sales arrangements relating to the distribution of their products and services.
- Represented a manufacturing company in connection with its joint venture and cross licensing agreement with a Chinese supplier
- Represented Tenfold Talent in its business combination with Starworks, LLC
- Represented Total Golf Adventures Franchise LLC relative to a sponsorship agreement with Nicklaus Golf Equipment Company
- Represented Kate Somerville Skincare in the license of certain intellectual property relative to skin care products at Four Seasons hotels and foreign distribution agreement
- Assisted Jonathan Louis International, a manufacturer/distributor of furniture and fine home furnishings, with the establishment of a manufacturing facility in Mexico
- Represented Houk Development Company in the formation of a joint venture to finance the acquisition of the Variety Arts Theater from Anschutz Entertainment Group
For more information, please contact Benjamin Alexander.