Greenberg Glusker’s Corporate Law Group possesses expertise in analyzing the appropriate form of entity through which a client should conduct business in order to maximize the value of its assets while minimizing its risks. Our clients who request our services in this area range from start-up companies to sophisticated investors and multinational corporations. Among the issues and individual factors we consider are the client’s business and tax goals, investment criteria and risk assessments. We believe that the proper structuring of a business is indispensable for its long term success.
In addition, we often are called upon to advise clients on operational issues that confront the business owner, the parent company, or the holding company of multiple subsidiaries and affiliates. We advise clients on concerns related to strategic alliances or joint ventures with other parties, corporate formality, securities law compliance, intellectual property protection and exploitation, employment matters, and contractual arrangements with suppliers, distributors, licensees and others conducting business with our clients.
- Advised numerous clients regarding formation of new businesses, including structuring limited liability company operating agreements, shareholder agreements and other formation documents.
- Assisted the founder of a UK public company and well-known creator of children’s entertainment, as writer, producer and director, in establishing her own independent production company based in California.
- Represented a company engaged in the in-home sales of linens and accessories in connection with its formation and a $4 million equity infusion.
- Represented the management of WireTech Inc. in their buyout of the capital stock of the company, related equity financing, Series B financing as well as subsequent acquisition of competitors in Ohio and Michigan.
- Represented Smarsh, Inc., an innovative provider of email and instant messaging archiving and messaging compliance solutions, in two rounds of private equity investment by four add on acquisitions and the sale of a majority interest to a public company.
- Counseled an entrepreneur in a new consumer goods venture, including advising the client on various tax and securities laws issues and negotiating the financing terms and underlying entity documents.
- Represented Natural Balance Pet Foods Inc. relative to the response to a product recall and with respect to contracts with suppliers and distributors
For more information, please contact Benjamin Alexander.