With more than 35 years of real estate transaction experience (including more than 25 years of retail leasing experience), Barry Edwards has become a trusted advisor for shopping center developers and owners primarily throughout California, Arizona and Nevada. His clients own and/or manage more than 15 million square feet of commercial retail property.
Barry has negotiated leases with nearly every household name in retail including Home Depot, Walmart, AMC Theaters, Vons, Sprouts, CVS, Marshalls, Ross, Dollar Tree, Ulta, Sephora, 24-Hour Fitness, Wells Fargo, Mattress Firm, Auto Zone, California Pizza Kitchen, Chick-fil-A, In-N-Out, Mendocino Farms, Chipotle and Starbucks.
Whether it is handling and negotiating clients’ real estate leases or advising them on business issues that arise along the way, Barry has earned a reputation as a “deal maker” and problem solver. He never loses sight of understanding the big picture and makes sure no details are overlooked while protecting his clients' interests. Because of this, Barry is often asked to assist clients in developing strategies to resolve disputes arising in connection with various lease issues.
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Current Vice President, KARSH Center
- President, Trustee, and Counsel to the Board of Trustees, Wilshire Boulevard Temple (2006-2017)
- Board Member, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation (2000-2006)
- California, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Central and Southern Districts of California, 1986
- Loyola Law School (J.D., 1986)
- Indiana University Bloomington (B.S., with honors, 1983)
- Beta Alpha Psi (international honor society for accounting, finance and information systems students)
- Member of the Interfraternity Council Judicial Board