Chapter 11 Experience
- Represented special effects company in successful $30 million sale of assets and confirmation of chapter 11 plan, including resolution of very significant claims under WARN Act and related state statutes.
- Represented timber company in its Chapter 11 case, involving numerous asset sales and the restructuring of over $500 million in debt
- Represented oil rig and ship building company and its affiliates in their Chapter 11 case and resulting assets sales of operating business units
- Represented internet retailer in its Chapter 11 case
- Represented creditors' committee of "land bank" entity with over $200 million of debt
- Represented a poultry processor in Chapter 11 case
- Represented creditors’ committee and then Liquidating Trustee of real estate firm with property located in various western states. Successfully liquidated property and litigated with claims, resulting in distributions to creditors in excess of those originally projected
- Represented creditors in a variety of courts across country
- Advised leaseholders on assumption and assignment of leases as part of bankruptcy sale transaction
- Advised asset purchases with respect to bankruptcy sales
Assignments for Benefit of Creditors and Related Restructurings
- Represented apparel company in successful $15 million asset sale consummated through assignment for benefit of creditors.
- Represented Northern California in successful wind-down sale through article 9 foreclosure sale and assignment for benefit of creditors
- Represented new media company in successful wind-down and sale of assets through assignment for benefit of creditors.
- Represented cosmetics company in sale of assets by lender through sale under Article 9 of UCC.
- Represented hotel in deed-in-lieu transaction resulting in releases of principals under guaranties.
Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 Trustee Representation
- Advised chapter 7 trustees in numerous assets dispositions, including sales of real property and many different types of personal property and equipment
- Advised chapter 7 trustee of property designated as superfund site in sale of property and litigation against insiders
- Advised chapter 7 trustee in bankruptcy cases of singer/songwriters.
- Defended preference and fraudulent transfer targets, including a financial services company, in avoidance litigation brought in the Bankruptcy Court
- Defended claims for breach of fiduciary duty against member of Board of Trustees of charitable institution
- Represented receiver appointed by District Court after SEC action against alleged ponzi scheme
- Represented state court receiver in complex family law property division case