In response to these unprecedented times, Greenberg Glusker has created a Coronavirus Task Force to provide guidance on legal and business risks that our clients face. Our Task Force is a multidisciplinary team that spans many legal practice areas and is available to answer your questions.
Businesses in every state and industry are facing mounting challenges while trying to plan for an uncertain future with a daily set of legal challenges. We are prepared to help you navigate the laws so you can focus on preserving your business through this crisis and beyond.
Our multidisciplinary team can provide a range of services to help navigate COVID-19, including:
- Bankruptcy, Reorganization & Capital Recovery
- Complex Litigation
- Corporate Refinancing and Restructuring
- Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
- Digital Media and Technology
- Employment and Labor
- Private Client Services
- Real Estate
- Assisting clients who have experienced business losses as a result of COVID-19 and work to preserve value for clients and help them achieve their operational goals.
- Assisting clients with out of court workouts, chapter 11 reorganizations, and liquidations.
- Assisting company principals whose businesses are in distress as a result of COVID-19 in protecting their individual interests, responding to and defending against director and officer claims, and providing advice if claims are made or threatened against them as guarantors.
- Assisting landlords and tenants who have been particularly hard hit by the business interruption as a result of COVID-19.
- Extensive experience in assisting purchasers of distressed assets.
- Evaluating and litigating force majeure and similar provisions in connection with contractual obligations. Successfully invoked the force majeure clause in an event license agreement that allowed our client to avoid making a final deposit payment and to recover all of the $100,000+ in deposits it paid in 2019 for a major event that had been scheduled to take place in Los Angeles in early May 2020.
- Assisting with losses due to civil unrest
- Assisting with available emergency civil court proceedings during Stay at Home orders, and providing alternative dispute resolution options for non-emergency matters
- Advising on eligibility, requirements, and applications for federal loan programs, including the Paycheck Protection Program and the Main Street Lending Program
- Renegotiation of financing agreements with lenders and factors
- Advice and counsel regarding vendor agreements, including termination and force majeure clauses
- Advice and counsel regarding cancellation of purchase orders and contracts with retailers both pre- and post-bankruptcy
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) analysis and renegotiation of earnout clauses and post-closing covenants
- Advising and drafting documents regarding employee furloughs, terminations and rehiring
- Drafting safety and re-opening policies according to local protocols
- Disability Accommodation advice and documentation
- Emergency Leave advice and documentation
- Advising on force majeure clauses and state law impossibility/impracticability defense in connection with residential leases, film distribution agreements, film production commitments, salary reduction in employment agreements, and funding new film production
- Advising, negotiating and drafting lease termination agreements, recapture agreements and deferral/abatement amendments for tenants and landlords of retail, office and industrial properties
- Assisting with rent obligations including requests for rent abatement, force majeure and related doctrines, the impact of government orders including on collection of rent and notices to pay or quit
- Advising and negotiating loan documents impacted by the requirements of the CARES Act
- Advising and counseling clients on the impact of the CARES Act on real estate matters
- Counseling clients on the impact of force majeure and the impossibility doctrine on leases and purchase agreements.
If you have any questions, please contact our Task Force Co-Chairs who can direct you to the appropriate resource at our firm.