17th Annual Entertainment & Media Law Conference: Life Rights in the U.S. and Abroad
3050 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Life Rights in the U.S. and Abroad
Are clearances from the subject of biopics and docudramas legally required, or a matter of practicality? Do non-disclosure agreements and arbitration clauses executed by relevant parties affect production, and how do those affect a filmmaker’s own free speech rights? How do these considerations change when dealing with foreign citizens or international distribution? This session will discuss recent cases involving these questions and provide practical guidance on navigating life rights.
Moderator: Jean-Paul Jassy, Jassy Vick Carolan LLP
- Pat Duncan, SVP, Legal Affairs, West Coast Programming, Home Box Office
- Lisa Kohn, Senior Counsel, Content & Production Risk, NBCUniversal
- Aaron J. Moss, Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger LLP, counsel for Univision in Jenni Rivera Enterprises v. Univision Communications
- Natalie Rodriguez, VP & Associate General Counsel, Warner Bros. Pictures
- Mark Roesler, CEO, CMG Worldwide, expert in celebrity marketing, licensing, and clearances