Adding Some Spice: How International Ties Flavor Estate and Gift Tax Planning
January 29, 2021 at 10:00am – 11:00am (PDT)
Please join us on January 29th as we discuss the following topics on estate and gift tax planning for clients with international ties:
- Gifting to a non-citizen spouse
- The difference between U.S. “residency” for income tax and estate tax
- Worldwide taxation of assets of a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident
- Estate and gift taxation of non-citizen non-residents with U.S. assets
- Pre-immigration estate and gift tax planning
- Vacation homes, bank accounts and other assets outside of the U.S.
- Common planning pitfalls relating to the UK, France, Japan and Australia.
This program has been approved for 1 hour of general California MCLE credit.