Adding Some Spice: How International Ties Flavor Estate and Gift Tax Planning
Please join us on January 29th as we discuss the following topics on estate and gift tax planning for clients with international ties:
- Gifting to a non-citizen spouse
- The difference between U.S. “residency” for income tax and estate tax
- Worldwide taxation of assets of a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident
- Estate and gift taxation of non-citizen non-residents with U.S. assets
- Pre-immigration estate and gift tax planning
- Vacation homes, bank accounts and other assets outside of the U.S.
- Common planning pitfalls relating to the UK, France, Japan and Australia.
This program has been approved for 1 hour of general California MCLE credit.