Real Estate Experience
- Obtained a court order directing the manager of a real estate LLC to distribute $16 million to our clients and to replace the manager with a neutral receiver to complete the dissolution and wind up of the LLC. We succeeded in preventing the controlling owners from withholding our clients’ rightful share of sale proceeds to extract concessions from our clients in the pending action alleging wrongful dissolution, breach of fiduciary duty and other claims against them.
- Obtained unanimous verdicts in 2+ week jury trial involving accusations of fraud, mismanagement, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract among members of a real estate development company and successfully collected on clients’ seven figure judgment for damages and attorney’s fees
- Successfully tried and defeated a breach of lease/exercise of option dispute filed by well-known restaurant chain against commercial landlord client while simultaneously obtaining judgment for possession, unpaid rent and all attorney’s fees and costs (which were all fully collected after defeating tenant’s appeal)
- Settled, during trial, a dispute between limited partners and the general partners over terms of limited partnership agreement in a real estate development that included claims of mismanagement by the general partner
- Successfully evicted Home Base after it invoked co-tenancy clause based on its own decision to “go dark” and then obtained seven figure settlement after initiating a breach of lease case and filing writ of attachment
- Obtained summary judgment for current owner of commercial real estate against former owner declaring that current owner had acquired all property claims and proceeds from the foreclosing lender thereby giving the current owner the right to recover funds and claims asserted by prior property owner in a pending legal action
- Obtained summary judgment for an investor in a real estate partnership prohibiting another investor from seeking partition of several investment properties and recovered investor’s attorney’s fees and costs in settlement that followed