In Good Company | Issue No. 1
We have observed the tough decisions business owners and individuals have had to make in light of these unprecedented times. We know that everyone is doing the best they can under these dire circumstances. We also feel it is important to shine a light on local businesses and community members and the remarkable ways in which they’ve quickly pivoted to adapt to the changing landscape despite the difficult decisions they have had to make. Each week we’ll be sharing positive stories that we’re hearing. We're proud to be IN GOOD COMPANY.
This week's stories:
- Tender Greens, a fast-casual restaurant chain, is offering their customers curated Grocery Boxes and individual grocery items in response to the new coronavirus. Their boxes offer produce, dairy, bread, toilet paper, alcohol and more for pick-up and delivery through Postmates, Doordash, Caviar and UberEats. Read more.
- Chemical Guys provided training to the El Segundo Police Department on how they can better clean their vehicles during this period of COVID-19.They donated enough product to get them through the next 6-8 weeks! Read more.
- Change 4 Children’s purchased and delivered a large quantity of N95 masks to support the child life service professionals and other frontline healthcare workers at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital, Keck Medical Center of USC, Providence Tarzana Medical Center and Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center – Burbank. Read more.
- Chef Brooke Williamson and her restaurant Playa Provisions teamed up with World Central Kitchen to launch Help Feed the Frontline Fighting COVID-19. They are supplying frontline medical workers with healthy free meals from local restaurants during this crisis, thus keeping the medical workers fed and helping a few restaurants stay open so their employees can be paid. Read more.
- Lakers legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar delivered 900 safety goggles each to UCLA Health and Scripps Health to protect health care workers fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more.
Have a story to submit? We would love to include them in our weekly newsletter. Email Ben Helfman at [email protected] with your story.
We’ve all received several alerts over the past few weeks regarding the various local, state and federal initiatives that have been enacted to combat the global pandemic. This is not one of those newsletters. For the latest legal insights, please refer to the firm’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To the extent that you have any questions in light of any developments, we are available to assist.