In Good Company | Issue No. 10
Each month we’ll be sharing positive stories that we’re hearing. Join us on this journey as we recognize these resilient companies and individuals that are finding ways to give back to the community. We're proud to be IN GOOD COMPANY.
This month's stories:
- The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Conejo Valley is continuing to support youth and families on the ground despite the financial challenges brought about by 5 of 9 Clubs being required to close. They have managed to keep 4 clubs open for 11 hours a day Monday-Friday, to help maintain a sense of routine, prevent learning loss, and enable families to continue to economically support themselves. READ MORE
- Rexford Industrial – sensitive to the extra burden that schools operating remotely this fall places on families with young children – is offering a Back to School Relief Program: $1500 subsidized care for REXR families towards childcare and tutoring assistance to help families balance remote schooling and working. READ MORE
- UOVO has joined Feed The Front Line in recognition of the extraordinary efforts that medical workers are making to bravely provide care for our communities. As such, UOVO will help to provide complimentary meals to healthcare providers who work in our local intensive care units and emergency rooms. READ MORE
- Greenberg Glusker attorneys along with close friends came together and donated money to hire a high-end apparel maker to make 1,000 high-quality cloth masks for distribution. The mask donations went to PATH, Skid Row Housing Trust, Westside Pacific Villages, Shelter Partnership, Zoomers Boomers, Safe Place for Youth, Disability Community Resources, and Nourish LA.
- This long-time game show host donated $500,000 to Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission, a homeless shelter charity aiming to get a new facility running in Southern California. Hope of the Valley plans to use this donation to build a center to house a number of the area’s homeless senior citizens. The facility will go by the name Hope Central. Who is Alex Trebek? READ MORE
We’ve all received several alerts over the past number of months regarding the various local, state and federal initiatives that have been enacted to combat the global pandemic. This is not one of those newsletters. For the latest legal insights, please refer to the firm’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To the extent that you have any questions in light of any developments, we are available to assist.