In Good Company | Issue No. 2
We have observed the tough decisions business owners and individuals have had to make in light of these unprecedented times. We know that everyone is doing the best they can under these dire circumstances. We also feel it is important to shine a light on local businesses and community members and the remarkable ways in which they’ve quickly pivoted to adapt to the changing landscape despite the difficult decisions they have had to make. Each week we’ll be sharing positive stories that we’re hearing. We're proud to be IN GOOD COMPANY.
This week's stories:
- Good American has procured and donated 30,000 FDA-approved N95 masks, which are being distributed to 18 hospitals and clinics across the country. They are also donating $1,000,000 worth of denim to hospital staff in partnership with Pitney Bowes. Good American is also selling non-medical masks on their website — for every mask purchased, they will be donating one mask to a local organization in need. Read more.
- Sugarfish, a popular Los Angeles-based sushi restaurant group, recently committed to retaining all 600 of their employees on their payroll for the entirety of the pandemic. The current plan has been to move staff members into new roles, sometimes even as delivery drivers themselves. Read more.
- TreePeople is proud to introduce its new online platform to deliver fun and engaging educational content during the crisis. Learn at Home with TreePeople aims to support kids, teachers, parents and families by covering a wide range of topics that include STEM curriculum as well as TreePeople's award-winning Eco Tours in nature. Read more.
- Beauty Bus Foundation is delivering Bags of Beauty full of essential products to its homebound clients and to front line healthcare workers and patients, including essential items like soap, shampoo, conditioner, sanitizer and more. The Foundation is also connecting clients with volunteers to alleviate isolation and bring connection to sick families in need. Finally, the Foundation is providing self-care videos with everything from how to take care of your nails to at-home blow-drys and facials. Read more.
- Domenico’s Foods has teamed up with farmers from local farmers' markets and other local purveyors of specialty foods to offer grocery boxes via contactless pickup and delivery. Read more.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation launched a special auction to support local COVID-19 relief efforts that will aim to uplift significantly impacted Angelenos, including our most vulnerable populations and those on the front lines of this crisis. The auction runs through April 19 at 5 p.m. PT and features autographed jerseys from the 2020 Dodger roster. Read more.