James helps businesses of all sizes resolve their legal disputes, from the inception of their case through trial and, where appropriate, the enforcement of judgments.
He has worked with a range of clients in the real estate, entertainment, and technology sectors. He listens to clients’ needs and provides creative and efficient solutions.
James focuses on commercial litigation involving disputes amongst business partners, including actions involving alleged breaches of fiduciary duties, fraud, and other business disputes. He frequently litigates disputes involving landlords and tenants, or disputes regarding real property transactions and ownership of real property. James also has experience with commercial and regulatory disputes involving commercial cannabis businesses, as well as wage and hour disputes on behalf of California employers.
James's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation in both state and federal courts, including experience in all stages of civil litigation, from initial investigation through the enforcement of judgments and appeals. He has also worked on matters in the California, Arizona, and Florida appellate courts, including civil and criminal appeals, writ petitions, and an appellate special action.
Prior to Greenberg Glusker, James was a business trial associate at an AmLaw 100 firm and was a law clerk with the Los Angeles County Public Defender.
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Steering Committee Member, Food From The Bar, Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2022-2023
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- Business Law and Policy Specialization
- University of Victoria (B.A., 2010)
- with distinction