- Defending landlord in a complex fraudulent transfer case by the liquidating trustee of Art & Architecture, a Chapter 11 debtor. The case involves several companies and several defendants, and also involves an unusual aspect of fraudulent transfer law as to whether a third-party recipient of funds may raise certain defenses.
- Represented client in a complex commercial case involving failed oil and gas investments in three countries (Canada, United States & Spain). Assisted client with wind down of its operations and in asserting claims in connection therewith.
- Represented client in a multi-defendant fraudulent transfer lawsuit arising out of the bankruptcy of the debtor company. The plaintiff sued our client, a mezzanine lender, and several other parties, for fraudulent transfer in connection with a previous leveraged buyout (LBO).
- Represented oversees company in successful defense of preference lawsuit in Chapter 7 case of American Solar Direct.
Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Representing Jason Rund, the Chapter 7 Trustee of the bankruptcy estate of non-profit Youth Policy Institute, Inc.
- Represented men’s clothing retail company Bachrach in “Chapter 22” (two separate Chapter 11 cases), one in which the company re-organized and the other through which the company liquidated.
- Represented retail furniture operator in Southern California in out-of-court liquidation, after which we guided the client through a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Assisted client, an architectural group, in enforcing rights under executory contracts in the Verity Health System bankruptcy, one of the largest hospital bankruptcy filings in California.
- Represented oversees television distribution company in enforcing its contractual rights in Penthouse Global Media Chapter 11 case.
- Assisted client in enforcing right to priority payment under Section 503(b)(9) of the Bankruptcy Code in the Gymboree Chapter 11 case.
- Represented Frame LA Brands, LLC and Good American, LLC in connection with their contested termination of third-party logistics agreements in the Chapter 11 case of West Coast Distribution.
- Represented fashion brand in connection with negotiating critical vendor and supply agreement in Neiman Marcus Chapter 11 case.
- Assisted client in workout of multiple real estate projects, including hotels, land developments, and commercial properties. Also evaluated and assisted in workout of funds raised by client to purchase real estate projects.
- Represented a vegetarian restaurant group in its acquisition by a private equity firm.
- Represented international musical equipment manufacturer in its acquisition of popular guitar amp manufacturer.
- Represented Ramona’s Restaurant Group in general corporate/franchise reorganization.