Noah Perch-Ahern, a Partner in Greenberg Glusker's Environmental Department, maintains a broad national environmental and energy practice involving complex litigation, regulatory counsel, and transactional matters. Noah is known as one of the leading environmental lawyers of his generation and is often tapped to work on complicated matters without an easy solution.
“My goal, at every juncture, is achieving client success. Whether preparing for a jury trial or assisting a client with a critical development project or major deal, every strategic decision I make is not only based on a complete understanding of the relevant legal framework and the key points of persuasion, but fundamentally, the relationship of the strategy to a final successful outcome for the client.”
Having developed specialized knowledge across the wide field of environmental law, Noah employs his skills and knowledge in a variety of contexts. He has significant litigation experience and has tried jury and bench trials. At the same time, Noah regularly helps clients devise solutions to difficult regulatory problems, represents clients in connection with administrative proceedings, assists clients with deals and development projects, and represents energy-focused startup companies.
Noah has played a key role in variety of high stakes matters, including cost recovery and tort actions involving Superfund sites, constitutional litigation, public utility litigation, appellate litigation, environmental remediation projects, portfolio deals concerning electric generation facilities, landfills, and downstream petroleum assets, development projects related to renewable energy projects and industrial expansion, and compliance matters concerning air quality, water quality, hazardous waste, and energy and utility regulation. Noah has counseled clients concerning all of the major federal environmental statutes, including CERCLA, RCRA, the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, and NEPA, and has also advised clients concerning various state environmental statutes and regulations around the country, including regulatory programs related to climate change and cap-and-trade, coastal regulations, Brownfield laws, water rights, and land use regulations such as CEQA.
Noah augments his practice through his leadership in a variety of organizations focusing on environmental and energy issues, through which he works with key decision-makers of environmental and energy regulatory initiatives.
- Young Professionals in Energy Los Angeles (YPE), President
- Southern California Water Committee (SCWC), Board of Trustees
- Valley Industry and Commerce Association (VICA), Board of Directors and Co-Chair of Environmental, Energy and Utilities Committee
- TreePeople, Board of Directors
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce, Co-Chair of Water, Energy & Environmental Sustainability Council
- Benchmark Litigation , “40 & Under Hot List,” 2018
- Next Generation Lawyer of the Year, Century City Bar Association, 2018
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018
- California, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2007
- Maryland, 2006
- Tulane University (J.D., magna cum laude)
- University of New Hampshire (B.A., summa cum laude)
- Political Science
- Phi Beta Kappa