Greenberg Glusker’s Opportunity Zone Group has monitored Opportunity Zone regulations since the Investing in Opportunity Act was passed in 2017.
Utilizing a multidisciplinary approach, our Opportunity Zone clients benefit from the experienced attorneys in our tax, real estate, corporate, estate planning, and environmental departments who are ready to assist our clients in navigating this continually evolving regulatory landscape.
The clients we service in this space include private equity and venture capital funds, family offices, institutional and private investors, as well as real estate owners, operators and developers, and universities.
Our Opportunity Zone team counsels clients in:
- Tax Guidance
- Fund/Business Formation
- Investment Advice
- Asset Purchases and Sales
- Regulatory Compliance
- Capital Markets
- Securities Compliance
Our representative Opportunity Zone experience includes:
- Acquisition of an Opportunity Zone project in Hollywood, CA
- Represented client in raising a $500 million multi-asset Opportunity Fund
- Structured and negotiated a joint venture for the construction of Opportunity Zone student housing
- Represented client in ground up construction of an Opportunity Zone hotel
- Represented client in redevelopment of Opportunity Zone office buildings
- Structured and provide continued advice for client’s investment in Opportunity Zone hotel
- Structure Opportunity Zone investments and provide continued compliance advice for middle market real estate investors and operators
- Provide Opportunity Zone advice for individual investors
- Represented client in the sale of a 228-unit transit-oriented development apartment project under construction in an Opportunity Zone
Our Opportunity Zone Group frequently provides education to our clients in the form of seminars and written materials, which are available here.