Lead Trial Lawyer Experience
- Multi-week arbitration involving employment agreement and related claims. No liability and full attorney fees ordered.
- Multi-week jury trial in downtown Los Angeles involving employment discrimination and other claims against a major insurance company. Defense verdict obtained.
- Favorable settlement after first day of trial in employment matter involving claims of wrongful termination, harassment, and related claims.
- Obtained favorable settlement on first day of trial in federal wage and hour class action matter.
- Obtained favorable settlement one week before trial on federal employment claims resulting from orders on Motions in Limine.
- Obtained favorable settlement on first day of trial on wrongful termination and related employment claims.
- Multi-week jury trial involving 900+ victims in a nation-wide Ponzi scheme with multiple defendants. Convictions obtained.
- Multi-week jury in Federal Court involving alleged trademark and copyright infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Multi-week jury trial in Superior Court on behalf of major retailer involving breach of contract for multiple properties.
- Multi-week jury trial in Superior Court on behalf of individual defendants involving breach of contract in real estate case. Obtained directed verdict on all international torts.
Lead Counsel Experience
High-Profile Talent & Entertainment Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment on contract claims brought against a major studio. Appellate Court affirmed grant of summary judgment.
- Demurred and obtained dismissal with prejudice of plaintiff's tort claims brought against a major production company.
Real Estate & Business Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment against government on civil claims related to real estate deal.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of major development company on trade dress and breach of contract claims, in which plaintiffs claimed defendant stole their design.
- Settled favorably with a dismissal with prejudice in favor of celebrity-owned cannabis brand (one of the highest grossing stores in Los Angeles) in a contentious business dispute with another shareholder.
- Represented cannabis retailer against breach of contract and fraud claims brought by a New York cannabis investor and counterclaims against same pursuant to its failure to fulfill its obligations.
- Represent the manufacturer/distributor of the extremely popular cannabis brand in a dispute in Federal Court in the Southern District of New York by the purported owner of the “New York Cannabis” Mark, for claims of trademark infringement (Lanham Act and common law) and unfair competition resulting from the unauthorized use of our client’s logo on the website by an unrelated party that purported to offer cannabis “snack boxes” with “brands like” our client.
- Represented a very successful cannabis dispensary in Los Angeles against claims brought by an individual in the Central District of California in connection with purported violations of the ADA.
- Represented a large-scale cultivator in an administrative appeal before the County of Santa Barbara. After a 5-day administrative trial spread out over the course of 10 months, and extensive briefing by both sides, administrative judge reversed the County’s denial and ordered that the county business license be issued to our client. This was the County’s first-ever administrative appeal related to cannabis.
- Prevailed on a motion for summary judgement on behalf of a commercial real estate brokerage. The City Attorney filed a civil suit against our client alleging that our client “leased” space, or otherwise aided and abetted in leasing space, to an unlicensed cannabis operator. We argued that our client is an agent and does not “lease” space under the statute.
- Represented cannabis distributor in potential dispute with insurance company regarding policy coverage and loss as a result of burglary of cannabis manufacturing facility.
- Represented leading cannabis brand in dispute with the largest cannabis distributor in California.
- Anonymous Seeking Alpha blogger “Aurelius” in multiple federal court disputes to determine Aurelius’ true identity.
- High-profile talent in connection with family matters, media relations, and government investigations.
- Celebrity-owned television network in multiple employment litigation matters, including recently obtained summary judgment on employment claims, including sexual harassment, disability discrimination and related claims.
- Luxury development company in employment-related litigation.
- Financial services companies in employment-related litigation.
- Private medical clinics and hedge funds in connection with United States’ government investigations.
- Financial investment company in connection with business litigation.