Tax Tips for Landlords: From the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act to Today
Greenberg Glusker partner, Michael Wiener, will serve as a panelist for, "Tax Tips for Landlords: From the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act to Today," presented by Bisnow on October 13, 2020.
The focus of the presentation will be on 1031 Exchanges, Opportunity Zones, LIHTC, NMTC, and more strategies to reduce costs and increase profitability. The following questions will be addressed:
- What tax programs are currently available that most developers don't know about already?
- How are the astronomical tax rates affecting the tax planning process specifically in California?
- What tax advantages have emerged due to the pandemic and the ensuing CARES Act?
- Are opportunity zones still a good place to invest your capital gains? If so, why?
- What does the future hold for tax programs like the 1031 exchanges and LIHTC?