A seasoned corporate attorney, Richard Hong has been involved in deals and transactions with a cumulative value in excess of $25 billion.
Richard's practice focuses on a broad spectrum of corporate and business law, with an emphasis on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financings, capitalizations and operational matters. He counsels companies, acquirers, sellers, conglomerates, private equity firms, founders and high net worth individuals in transactions involving acquisitions, sales, strategic planning, consolidations, business reorganizations, divisional spin-offs, project financing, debt and equity financing, private placements, joint ventures, licensing and corporate governance.
In addition to serving as lead counsel in mergers and acquisitions, Richard is also looked upon by his clients as their trusted advisor. Richard serves as outside general counsel to numerous established companies, emerging companies, investment groups, founders and family offices across a broad spectrum of business industries, including technology, digital/social media, financial, private equity, insurance, logistics, transportation, advertisement, branding, entertainment and hospitality. Richard guides his clients through complex business transactions, while maintaining a constant focus on meeting their strategic and financial goals.
Richard began his legal career as Deputy Counsel to a Dutch-based company with worldwide holdings in Europe and Asia.
- Recipient, Freshman Writing Program Honors Award, University of Southern California
- Recipient, Dean's List Award (seven consecutive semesters), University of Southern California
- Recipient, Golden Key National Honor Society, University of Southern California
- Member, Pi Sigma Alpha Honor Society, University of Southern California
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 1995)
- University of Southern California (B.A., magna cum laude, 1991)
- International Relations