Welcome to the Website (the “Site”) operated by Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger LLP (“Greenberg Glusker”). By accessing or using our Site you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms of Service ("Terms of Service”). If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, then do not use the Site.
The Site presents general information about Greenberg Glusker and is not intended as legal advice nor should you consider it such. You should not act upon the information on this Site without seeking advice from a lawyer licensed in your own state or country.
As used herein, “You,” “User” or "Users" means anyone who accesses and/or uses the Site including individuals acting on behalf of any corporation, partnership or other entity with which You are associated.
1. The Site
These Terms of Service are effective as of the date posted above and we will not be bound by any additional or different terms on other documents that are inconsistent with these terms. Greenberg Glusker may modify or update these Terms of Service at any time by posting the amended terms on the Site and such terms shall be effective for all use of the Site once they are posted. Your continued access of the Site and/or use of the Services provided on the Site following the posting of any additional or different terms in the Terms of Service constitutes your acceptance of those additional or different terms. Greenberg Glusker, in its sole discretion, may also add, delete or change some or all of the features of the Site or its Services at any time.
2. Proprietary Rights
Greenberg Glusker retains all right, title and interest in and to the Site, as well as all data, information, content and materials provided on the Site. Greenberg Glusker further retains all right, title and interest in and to the business processes, procedures, methods and techniques used within the Site and all patent rights, copyright rights, trademark rights, trade secret rights and other intellectual property and proprietary rights therein existing anywhere in the world ("Intellectual Property") to the Site. All content on the Site, including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the "Site Content"), are our proprietary property with all rights reserved. No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including, without limitation, copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Terms of Service shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
3. No Attorney-Client Relationship
Contacting Greenberg Glusker by e-mail or through the Site and transmission of information between Greenberg Glusker and You is not intended to and will not create an attorney-client relationship between Greenberg Glusker and You. As a result, You should not transmit any confidential or private information to us until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established. Greenberg Glusker does not agree to accept and/or maintain the secrecy of any unsolicited information You send to us unless an attorney-client relationship currently exists between us. Greenberg Glusker cannot permit an attorney-client relationship to exist until we have obtained all necessary information and evaluated all relevant information concerning potential conflicts of interest. Even in the absence of a conflict of interest, Greenberg Glusker, in its sole discretion, may decide not to enter into an attorney-client relationship with You. The information and content contained on the Site is not intended to constitute legal advice, and You should contact an attorney before relying on any such information or content.
4. Compliance/Attorney Advertising
The contents of this Site may constitute advertising under the applicable laws, regulations and ethical rules (“Bar Rules”) of some jurisdictions. If this Site fails to comply with the Bar Rules of the state from which You access or view this Site, Greenberg Glusker does not wish to represent You. Unless otherwise noted, Greenberg Glusker attorneys are Not certified by the boards of legal specialization of any state.
5. Information You Submit Through the Site.
6. Prohibited Conduct
You agree to use the Site only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with these Terms and any applicable law, rules or regulations. You may not:
- use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Site;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site or the computer systems or networks for the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature;
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site any content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any party, unless you are the owner of such rights or have the permission of the owner to post such content;
- upload, post, email or transmit, or otherwise make available through the Site any materials that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements, or anything else prohibited by law;
- run Mail list, Listserv, or any form of auto-responder or "spam" on the Site;
- use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any page of the Site, including to engage in the practices of "screen scraping," "database scraping" or any other activity with the purpose of obtaining content or other information;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site, including to utilize framing techniques to enclose any Content or other proprietary information, place pop-up windows over the Site's pages, or otherwise affect the display of the Site's pages;
- impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of any materials;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Site;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Site or collect information about its Users for any unauthorized purpose;
- submit content that falsely expresses or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by Greenberg Glusker, any of its affiliates or any third parties;
- use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose (including, without limitation, in violation of any United States federal and state laws or regulations, or equivalent laws or regulations in foreign jurisdictions;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- use the Site for any commercial purpose whatsoever other than for your personal use.
7. Linked Sites
You understand that the processing and transmission of communications relating to the use of the Site, including your data, may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting to various networks or devices. Therefore, you agree that Greenberg Glusker will not be liable for the timeliness, deletion, misdelivery or failure to store any data, information or content transmitted by you through the Site.
GREENBERG GLUSKER PROVIDES THE SITE AND THE SERVICES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, GREENBERG GLUSKER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Greenberg Glusker makes no representation or warranty that (i) the Site will meet your expectations or requirements, (ii) the Site will be uninterrupted, current, accurate, secure, complete or error-free, (iii) any results or information that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate, timely, complete or reliable and (iv) any errors in any software used on the Site will be corrected. Operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of Greenberg Glusker's control including, but not limited to, telecommunications network disruptions. Greenberg Glusker is not responsible and will have no liability for any failures of the Internet or any data or telecommunications equipment, system or network used in connection with the Site or the Services.
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the Site, including, without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update to the Site should be taken to indicate that all the information in the Site has been modified or updated.
While we have endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, Greenberg Glusker is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information. You must make your own determination as to these matters. Greenberg Glusker and its affiliates shall not be liable for damages as a result of any delay or other failure of performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, acts of customer or any of its representatives, acts of military or civil authorities, fire or other casualty, strikes, lockouts, weather, epidemic, war, riot, terrorism, telecommunications interruptions or computer viruses. The Site may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. You are solely responsible for the security, confidentiality, integrity and use of all messages and/or content that You transmit to the Site.
9. Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL GREENBERG GLUSKER, ITS AFFILIATES OR ITS LICENSORS, TOGETHER WITH THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND SHAREHOLDERS, BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR ANY LOST OR CORRUPTED DATA, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OTHER INTANGIBLES OR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF GREENBERG GLUSKER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS SHALL ONLY APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Greenberg Glusker with respect to your access and use of the Site and the Services and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements between you and Greenberg Glusker. If any of the provisions of this Agreement is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then that provision will be construed in a manner consistent with applicable laws to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intentions of the parties, and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of Greenberg Glusker to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The provisions of Sections 3-7, and 9-14 shall survive any termination of these Terms of Service.
This Site is targeted at and intended for visitors residing in the United States. Given the global nature of the Internet, however, the Site may be accessed by visitors residing outside of the United States. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. We make no representations or warranties that the Site is appropriate or available for use in countries outside of the United States. Visitors who choose to access the Site from outside of the United States do so at their own initiative and are not responsible for compliance with any and all local laws and regulations that may apply to such access.
A description of the Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html.
A description of the Woodward/White, Inc. Best Lawyers selection methodology can be found at https://www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx.
A description of the Chambers and Partners selection methodology can be found at https://www.chambersandpartners.com/guide/usa/5.
11. Contact Information
Greenberg Glusker is located at 2049 Century Park East, Suite 2600, Los Angeles, California 90067. If you have any questions, please contact Sheenika Gandhi at the above address or via email at [email protected].