Thomas Giordano-Lascari is a Partner in the Private Client Services Group with nearly two decades of experience in advising high-net-worth individuals and closely-held businesses with international income tax and estate planning issues.
Highly regarded for his expertise in representing global families with footprints in multiple jurisdictions, Thomas assists clients in structuring their worldwide assets to maximize family objectives and minimize income and transfer taxes. Thomas frequently aids clients with pre-immigration planning, foreign investments in the United States, U.S. residency planning and management, and expatriation planning. He frequently provides sought-after guidance on foreign trusts to foreign fiduciaries, U.S. beneficiaries, and grantors, addressing compliance obligations and tax consequences.
Thomas is Chair of the Los Angeles Chapter of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP) and is listed in the Private Client Global Elite Directory, a list of elite professionals around the world. He also frequently speaks on international tax legislation and tax strategies relating to foreign trusts, outbound planning, and global intangible low-taxed income (GILTI) inclusions, among other international income tax and estate planning topics.
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Program Chair, STEP Los Angeles Executive Committee
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Taxation Section, Executive Committee
- Member, International Young Lawyers Association (AIJA)
- Taxation Committee
- Private Client Committee
- Past-Chair, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Taxation Section, Young Tax Lawyers Subcommittee
- Past-Member, State Bar of California, Taxation Section, Executive Committee
- Past-Chair, State Bar of California, Taxation Section, International Tax Subcommittee
- Past-Chair, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Taxation Section, Executive Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates, 2023
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2019 – 2021
- Los Angeles Business Journal, "Leaders of Influence: Thriving in Their 40s," 2022
- United States District Court in the Central District of California
- United States Tax Court
- Loyola Law School (LL.M., 2008)
- University of New Mexico, School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- New Mexico Law Review, Staff Member and Manuscript Editor
- New Mexico Supreme Court, Justice Bosson, Extern
- University of New Mexico (BBA, 2003)