The video game industry has always been dynamic, but that has never been more true than today with the explosion in popularity of streaming and esports. As a leader in both entertainment and media law, we are uniquely qualified to provide clients in this rapidly expanding industry with strategic, experienced counsel.
As technologies and markets continue to evolve, it is essential for video game companies, streamers, influencers, and esports athletes and team owners to effectively manage their legal affairs.
For smaller players or teams, this can mean assistance in reviewing what may be their first agreements -- minimizing risk and maximizing opportunities. For larger ventures, we provide an integrated, multidisciplinary team with experience in the full range of relevant legal disciplines, including intellectual property, privacy and data security, entertainment law, licensing and investment and venture financing. We also advise clients on emerging technologies, including augmented reality and virtual reality games, platforms, and experiences.
Our nimble, customized approach means that every client receives cost-effective, appropriate legal support. We provide an unmatched level of responsiveness, and deliver straightforward, actionable advice. We view our clients as business partners, and strive to educate them on the legal risks and opportunities they are faced with in a constantly evolving industry, thus optimizing decision-making.
We have represented major game publishers and developers, as well as top esports athletes and team owners, high-profile streamers and influencers. Additionally, Greenberg Glusker has attorneys serving on the Board of Advisors of esports talent agencies and media companies.
Greenberg Glusker’s seasoned attorneys advise clients in the video game industry in all aspects of their business and personal needs, including:
- Player and Streamer Issues including Player Contracts, Sponsorships and Endorsements, and Rights of Publicity
- Intellectual Property Issues including Trademark Registrations, Copyrights, Brand Protection and Licensing
- Privacy and Data Security Compliance
- Live Broadcasts
- Investment and Venture Financing
- Media and Broadcast Licensing
- Influencer Agreements
- Outside General Counsel Advice (e.g., assisting with general aspects of their business operations, including complex business transactions, tax planning, real estate development and leasing, and employment counseling).