Lisa Von Eschen counsels and defends businesses and non-profit organizations in state and federal employment law matters. She advises management on day-to-day compliance issues, including leaves of absence, accommodations, exempt classifications, discipline, terminations and reductions in force.
Lisa also handles executive employment contracts, commission and bonus plans, restrictive covenants, trade secret and confidentiality issues, and severance agreements. She regularly drafts and audits personnel policies and handbooks, leads internal investigations, and conducts preventive training sessions on harassment and other employment topics.
When litigation is necessary, Lisa brings more than 30 years of experience to her clients in handling individual discrimination, retaliation and wrongful termination claims, as well as systemic and class action cases before administrative bodies and courts. Formerly a partner at an Am Law 100 and litigation boutique firms, Lisa has conducted successful trials in both the California federal and state courts, and argued (and won) cases before the California and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- Member, State Bar of California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Daily Journal’s Top Women Lawyers, 2018
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2020–2022
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Central and Eastern District Courts of California
- California State Courts
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 1991)
- William & Mary (B.A., 1986)
- Honors in English
- Phi Beta Kappa