Lateral associates joining Greenberg Glusker have the opportunity to make an instant impact by working directly on high-profile and sophisticated matters. The firm provides a landing platform where an associate can establish a base and grow their career. We are dedicated to the advancement and education of our associates, and recently rolled-out an Associate Training Program to ensure that our attorneys receive the education and mentoring that they need to be successful at the firm.
Upon joining the firm, an associate is assigned a “big sibling,” who is a more senior associate responsible for answering our new colleagues’ day-to-day questions. That relationship usually continues until the associate makes partner.
Each new associate is also assigned a partner-level mentor, charged with helping them sketch out their path in the firm and guide their career in a broader sense.
“The willingness of all the partners to help me grow as an attorney has been incredible,” says Kelly Raney, a lateral associate who joined the firm in 2016, “Although I was paired with a big sib and partner mentor, it always felt like I had at least a half-dozen mentors on my team.” Kelly originally joined the firm in the Litigation Department but has since transitioned to the Employment Law Group by her choice.
Advantages of One City, One Firm
Unlike many large law firms, a majority of associates at Greenberg Glusker are involved with some type of firm committee, and their input is highly valued. And the same level of respect also extends to client work, especially as you go about building your own practice.
“After beginning my career at an AmLaw 100 firm, I knew I needed a different platform to build my practice,” said Eric Perlmutter-Gumbiner who joined Greenberg Glusker as a junior associate and is a member of the firm’s Associates’ Committee. “Not only was I immediately put to work on the firm’s most significant corporate matters, but I was also encouraged from the start by my partner mentors to start bringing in my own clients, no matter the size of the engagement.”
In addition, all associates have access to marketing, public relations, and business development resources, and are encouraged to attend sponsored events and develop their networks, both online and in person.
Greenberg Glusker looks forward to continuing to welcome and work with the finest lateral legal talent. We are interested in talking with associate candidates with skill sets suitable for each of our existing departments. Current needs include:
- Corporate Transactional (6-8 year associate and/or a junior partner; the person should have experience leading sophisticated transactions representing both buyers and sellers; ideally, the person will also have experience with financing transactions)
- Real Estate (6-8 year associate with experience working on sophisticated transactions)
- Real Estate (2-5 year associate with experience working on sophisticated transactions)
- Trusts and Estates (4-8 year associate with experience advising high net worth individuals in complex planning matters)
- Entertainment Transactional (6-8 years of experience—talent side preferred; book of business a plus but not required)