As part of the firm's Cannabis and Corporate Groups, Alexa Steinberg skillfully assists her clients in navigating the cannabis industry's complex legal terrain.
From corporate formation and governance, licensing, and compliance to business transactions, general business strategy, and investments, Alexa advises cannabis operators, brands, landlords, and investors on their business and legal matters.
With an intricate understanding of operations and compliance, Alexa‘s sharp skills working with startup and legacy operators throughout all levels of the supply chain on production and distribution contracts and management agreements, as well as sales, purchases, and transfers of state and local licenses are particular assets.
Alexa has extensive experience managing evolving local, state, and federal cannabis regulations, which combined with her keen sense of business strategy allows her to create the most effective solutions for her clients.
Not only an advocate for her clients, Alexa is also engaged with her community and is currently serving a two-year term as a Studio City Neighborhood Councilwoman. Elected to the Council Board in May 2019, Alexa has liaised with the Los Angeles City Council, District 2 Councilmember Paul Krekorian, the Los Angeles Department of Neighborhood Empowerment and Studio City residents, business owners, and stakeholders.
Alexa is often sought after by the media and conference organizers for her insights on topics related to cannabis business and regulatory law. She has been invited to participate in numerous panels all over Los Angeles, speaking on the topics of cannabis businesses, best practices, compliance and permitting. She also has sat on legal cannabis panels held by various law schools and business schools speaking on the topic of cannabis law, regulation, and industry climate.
- Member, National Cannabis Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, LACBA Pro Bono Cannabis Panel
- Member, California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Councilwoman, Studio City Neighborhood Council
- Board Member, Studio City Neighborhood Council Bylaws Committee
- Reporting Secretary, Studio City Neighborhood Council Board
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2020-2021
- Southwestern Law School (J.D., 2014)
- University of California, Davis (B.A., with honors, 2008)
- Communications/Political Science