Greenberg Glusker Diversity Statement
At Greenberg Glusker, we understand and value the merit of each individual member of our team, and we recognize the benefit of our collective diversity. Our success depends upon the unique skills, talents, perspectives and experiences of each of our attorneys and staff.
A diverse work force is essential to our ability to provide high-quality and creative legal services and to achieve the outstanding results our clients have come to expect. Accordingly, we are committed to developing and fostering a professional, collegial and supportive environment that attracts, retains, mentors and promotes attorneys and staff of all backgrounds.
We believe that creating and maintaining a work force that appropriately reflects our diverse community and global economy is not only a good business practice, but is also an ethical obligation we take seriously.
Greenberg Glusker is committed to investing the time, energy and resources necessary to cultivate an environment in which all persons, regardless of their background, can feel at home and achieve their full potential.
Professional Affiliations/Community Involvement
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Board of Governors and Membership Committee Co-Chair-- Japanese American Bar Association
- Board of Governors, Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian Real Estate Association of America
- Member, Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
- Lifetime Member—Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
- Chairman of Board of Directors— Aviva Family Center
- Member of Board and Committee Members — Inner City Law Center
California Women Lawyers
- IWIRD (International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Conference)
- Women Lawyer’s Association of Los Angeles
- Women’s Leadership and Mentoring Alliance
- Advisory Council— Dress for Success (Los Angeles affiliate)
- Member (board?)—Broads Circle
- Sponsor of Los Angeles Urban League, Alliance for Children’s Rights, Public Counsel, and American Civil Liberties Union, Special Olympics, Juvenile Diabetes, and End Epilepsy events
- Member— Women’s Leadership Council
- Board Member—Women of Association for Corporate Growth
- Member—Women in Film
- Former Member, California Minority Counsel Program
- Former Member, Commercial Real Estate Women
- Volunteer Advocate, Small Claims Workshop and Clinic (in conjunction with Bet Tzedek and Los Angeles County Bar Association)
- Representing veteran in connection with application to Department of Veteran Affairs for service-connected benefits related to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder related to military sexual trauma
Pro Bono Cases
- Assisting ACLU in challenging school’s failure to provide English language instruction to non-native English speaking students.
- Assisting Public Counsel client, who was born in the fields outside of San Diego, in obtaining birth certificate.
- Active participation in the adoption finalization program, serving children of many diverse programs and in non-traditional families, with Alliance for Children’s Rights.
- Volunteer Attorney, Bet Tzedek Holocaust Survivors Justice Network's ZRBG Pension Project
Honors and Awards
- Hollywood Reporter: Entertainment Industry’s 100 “Power Lawyers”
- Los Angeles Daily Journal: “Top Women Litigators”
- Los Angeles Magazine: “Top Women Attorneys in Southern California—Entertainment and Sports”
- Variety: Entertainment Industry’s top 50 “Legal Impact” attorney and “Women of Impact”
- Variety Emerging Legal Dealmakers
- Los Angeles Business Journal: “Women Who Make A Difference”
- Century City Chamber of Commerce: “Women of Achievement”
- Finalist, 2012 Chambers USA Women in Law Awards (Best Mentoring Program)
- LACBA Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Real Estate Section
- Rhodes Scholarship
- 2008 Recipient of Anti-Defamation League Justice and Jurisprudence Award
- 2009 Caregiver Award (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
- Recipient, State Bar of California “Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Award”
- Recipient, Jenesse Center Champion of Justice Award
- Southern California Rising Stars
- Southern California Super Lawyers
Speaking, Writing and Events
- Panelist—UCSD “Puente Project Panel: Careers in Law”
- Author—“Competing Goals Amidst the ‘Opt-Out’ Revolution: An Examination of Gender-Based Tax Reform in Light of New Data on Female Labor Supply”
- Author—“The Chicken or the Egg?” article on diversity among commercial real estate professionals
- Featured— “Wanted: Lawyers to Offer Veterans a Helping Hand”
- Sponsor of “Fashion Your Network” trunk show to celebrate women-owned businesses
- Annual sponsor of Asian Americans Advancing Justice—Los Angeles fundraising dinner