At Greenberg Glusker, we profoundly subscribe to the belief that our workforce is our most valuable asset, and we pair that belief with action to ensure that our team members feel both valued and supported. We are proud to have been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal for our efforts, earning a spot on their Most Admired Law Firms to Work For list.
Below, we’ve included some of the benefits and programs offered at Greenberg Glusker that have contributed toward our success in supporting our team members and, in turn, promoting the familial culture we’re proud of today.
Health, Wellness, & Work-Life Balance
The Firm offers several programs to ensure the mental and physical wellbeing of its workforce.
- The Firm offers a comprehensive benefits program. All employees have access to medical, dental, and vision coverage that extends to dependents in addition to life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, and accidental death and dismemberment. Employees also have the option of starting a Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account to help pay for healthcare costs.
- Separate from our robust selection of benefits, Greenberg Gusker provides all full-time team members with free and unlimited access to an employee assistance program, through which employees can receive confidential counseling, financial information, legal information and consultation, and more 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Beyond the on-site gym located in our building, the Firm provides a number of fitness classes – such as yoga, Pilates, boxing, and strength training – as well as wellness workshops, such as a tai chi class or a paint and meditate session, to holistically support both the physical and mental wellbeing of our team members. Although the Firm is currently working remotely as a result of COVID-19, many wellness opportunities – such as yoga, meditation, Pilates, and weekly group strength training sessions with a personal trainer – continue to be offered through Zoom, providing co-workers the opportunity to continue to take care of their wellbeing and connect with one another during this time.
- The Firm offers paid time off as well as generous paid parental leave and, along with these policies, partners are expected to be respectful of associates’ time.
Our wellness initiatives have proudly landed us at #1 in Wellness in Vault’s 2021 Quality of Life rankings.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that the best way to achieve innovative strategies and successful results for our clients is to recruit, retain, and promote attorneys of diverse backgrounds so that our clients can benefit from varied experiences and utilize unique talents and perspectives to collaboratively accomplish the best possible results.
- Greenberg Glusker actively identifies and creates clear and measurable leadership opportunities for women and minorities at all levels, throughout their legal careers with the firm.
- We consistently strive to increase diversity by increasing the number of diverse attorneys at the firm through targeted recruitment programs.
- We focus on offering mentoring and training, providing opportunities for meaningful responsibilities in developing and managing client relationships and representing clients in courtroom or boardroom assignments.
- We promote the importance of diversity and equality by educating our attorneys and staff through diversity workshops, monthly internal diversity events, and distributing news and educational content focused on diversity in our daily newsletter.
- We are particularly proud of our Women’s Mentoring Program, which was a finalist for the Best Mentoring Program category of the Chambers USA Women in Law Awards.
- Our attorneys are actively encouraged to become involved in and maintain leadership roles in professional, legal, and charitable organizations that promote and support our diverse community.
Philanthropy is another key component that contributes to Greenberg Glusker’s familial culture, providing team members convenient opportunities to give back to the community while simultaneously bringing team members together for a cause. Outside of pro bono work, which attorneys at the Firm regularly and consistently engage in, members of the Firm are quick to get involved in activities that provide an opportunity to give back to the community.
- “Starve a Vampire Blood Drive” presented team members the opportunity to donate blood while at the office
- “Thanks a Latte” event,” during which individuals at the Firm could buy other team members a latte for $5 as a means of expressing their gratitude to that team member where all of the money went to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank for Thanksgiving meals
- Thanksgiving food drives to provide Thanksgiving meals to those in need
- Dress For Success clothing drives to help empower women through professional attire to achieve economic independence
- Habitat for Humanity volunteer day during which we painted homes as a means of contributing to the organization’s mission of providing safe affordable housing to those in need
- Annual participation in Adopt-A-Family programming, in which team members at the Firm provide gifts during the holidays for families in need
In 2020 to raise money for the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank as part of their Food From The Bar challenge, we hosted “Pie a Partner,” in which individuals at the Firm could nominate a partner to be pied for a donation pledge; partners had the option of the accepting a pie in the face or donating double that pledge amount.
As a means of giving back to the Los Angeles community during 2020, the Firm selected four causes – food insecurity, homelessness, social injustice, and PPE supply – to donate to. Through its donor-advised fund, the Firm donated a total of $250,000: $75,000 to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank, $75,000 to PATH, $75,000 to Equal Justice Initiative, and $25,000 to CHLA.
Greenberg Glusker also frequently expresses its gratitude toward its team members, contributing to the Firm’s familial culture by making each individual at the Firm feel seen and appreciated. For instance, every year, the Firm hosts a week of events celebrating the administrative staff at Greenberg Glusker in honor of Administrative Professionals Day. In 2020, as a result of COVID, attorneys at Greenberg Glusker sent a photo with a sign thanking a staff member at our Firm, wrote thank you notes, and participated in a fun video that was distributed to all staff members, in which attorneys answered fun questions about staff, such as “If staff were a Starbucks drink, what ingredients would it consist of and why?” Past events celebrating staff members have involved firm-sponsored massages, desserts, and the Firm’s partners serving staff breakfast.
As an expression of gratitude, the Firm also gifts its staff members and associates gift cards annually around Thanksgiving as an expression of gratitude. Additionally, the Firm treats each team member to a custom cookie with their number of years of service on it to honor their “workiversary,” and provides cake monthly to celebrate the team members who have birthdays that month. To thank team members for their work and perseverance despite the unique challenges that COVID-19 has posed, the Firm sent snack boxes from a company called Snack Magic to team members accompanied by a message from the Firm’s partner’s saying, “Thank you for your hard work and perseverance during this difficult time. You are magic!” This level of appreciation and care not only contributes to making each individual team member feel seen and valued, but it also contributes to the overall familial culture at the Firm.
The Firm also provides several social opportunities, helping to support team members by creating opportunities for stress relief and for connection with others. In fact, this desire to ensure that team members feel connected to one another is so deep that it heavily influenced the design of the Firm’s new Century City office, which intentionally features open-air kitchens and a large, open collaborative workspace by the library as a means of encouraging individuals to connect with one another, whether collaborating with one another for work-related projects or taking a break to socialize.
Some of our popular social events have included pumpkin carving contests, Halloween parties, Thanksgiving potlucks, holiday parties, holiday gift exchanges, gingerbread house competitions, and our annual July 4th Family Brunch. Newer and more unique activities have included, for example, our “Milk & Bookies” event, during which employees brought books to exchange with others while enjoying milk and cookies. These events may also tie back to health and wellness. For instance, the Firm turned “National French Fry Day” into “National Don’t Fry Day,” during which french fries were distributed to attendees alongside sunscreen.
From fitness classes and mental health workshops to its commitment to diversity and inclusion, philanthropy, creating an atmosphere of gratitude, and providing social opportunities, Greenberg Glusker is committed to serving its team members, creating its uniquely familial culture, and making it one of the most admired law firms to work for.