Our attorneys recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in money and property for banks, life insurance companies, mortgage lenders, and other financial institutions from borrowers and guarantors.
We successfully employ creative and traditional lender tools including pre-litigation self-help remedies and inventive work-out solutions, writs of attachment, orders appointing receiver, writs of possession, preliminary injunctions (including against moving assets out of state), and involuntary bankruptcies. Our client-centered approach delivers the personal service of a boutique firm without layers of lawyers, yet our firm offers the strength, depth and breadth of legal services customarily found in a multi-office, international firm.
- Represented prestigious client in connection with government-mandated, comprehensive review of the foreclosure practices of various banks under government investigation
- Represent banks and financial institutions in documenting and successfully closing loan transactions
- Successfully represented lenders in bankruptcy cases involving real estate, film, music, food, and the other leading California industries
- Successfully represented lenders in bankruptcy proceedings including relief from stay, adequate protection, claim, objection litigation, fraudulent transfer and preference proceedings, non-dischargeability proceedings, and adversary proceedings
- Represented junior secured creditor in bankruptcy, securing a significant recovery from the bankruptcy estate and senior lender after commencing litigation to require the senior lender to marshal assets for the benefit of client
- Won federal court summary judgment and injunction in inter-creditor agreement dispute, gaining our client banks full administrative control of a $363 million syndicated loan and authority over the disposition of 17 commercial real estate projects that secured the loan
- Won summary judgment for financial institution on title issue establishing validity and priority of security for $3,100,000 shopping center loan
- Obtained order for secured lender not only lifting stay of foreclosure on $45 million loan secured by Santa Monica office building, but also requiring counsel for debtor to disgorge $108,500 in legal fees and pay client's fees in sanctions
- Successfully represented the International Commercial Bank of China, now MEGA International Commercial Bank, in litigation in California and Hawaii involving the attachment, of and foreclosure on, luxury beachfront residences in Hawaii
- Successfully prosecuted and defended lawsuits in trial and appellate courts on behalf of a large Taiwan bank involving breaches of loan agreements, resulting in a substantial eight-figure judgment in favor of the client and a substantial recovery