Greenberg Glusker is a well-respected and dominant force in the entertainment community. For more than 40 years we’ve supported a diverse group of high-profile entertainment clients in both transactional and litigation matters. We remedy their short-term needs and advise on long-term business strategies.
In 2017, the firm expanded our entertainment offerings when we added the Film Finance team led by Schuyler (Sky) Moore, who is renowned for his extensive practice in film financing.
Our Film Finance team are known for its savvy in closing high-dollar, time-sensitive, cross-border entertainment deals and complex film financings. Our lawyers possess expertise in taxation and tax consequences and advise on regulations in corporate, securities, copyright, trademark, publicity, partnership, LLC, bankruptcy, and all manner of entertainment business needs.
- Represented Reliance on a $1 billion investment in DreamWorks.
- Represented Hunan Group on a $500 million multi-year slate financing with Lionsgate.
- Represented a Greek fund called Hercules in connection over $100 million of film financing transactions, including a slate financing with Lionsgate.
- Represented one of the lead investors in the $1 billion RatPac-Dune slate financing with Warner Brothers.
- Represented Hemisphere on a $250 million slate financing with Sony and Paramount.
- Represented numerous film lenders on single-picture and slate financings totaling over $300 million.
- Represented several distribution companies on the sale of the companies to private equity firms and strategic partners, with a combined total of $500 million.
- Represented numerous production companies on single-film financings totaling over $500 million.