Greenberg Glusker is a well-respected and dominant force in the entertainment community. For more than 40 years we’ve supported a diverse group of high-profile entertainment clients in both transactional and litigation matters. We remedy their short-term needs and advise on long-term business strategies.
In 2017, the firm expanded our entertainment offerings when we added the Film Finance team led by Schuyler (Sky) Moore, who is renowned for his niche practice in Hollywood-China partnerships.
Our Film Finance team are known for their savvy in closing high-dollar, time-sensitive, cross-border entertainment deals and complex film financings. Our lawyers possess expertise in taxation and tax consequences and advise on regulations in corporate, securities, copyright, trademark, publicity, partnership, LLC, bankruptcy, and all manner of entertainment business needs.
- China Film Group (the largest Chinese theatrical distribution company and state owned) and Pegasus in connection with the acquisition of two high profile U.S. film projects.
- A Greek fund called Hercules in connection with its investment in a film titled "Mena," starring Tom Cruise.
- Hunan Group on the largest Chinese investment in Hollywood to date – a multi-year slate financing with Lionsgate.
- One of the lead investors in Ratpac-Dune slate financing with Warner Brothers.
- Oliver Stone and long-time producing partner Moritz Borman producing a film based on Edward Snowden.
- Virgo Capital on the acquisition of Millennium Entertainment from Nu Image.
- Exclusive Media in connection with $100 million of film production financing.
- Toho-Towa, Kadokawa, and Lotte on their investment in Hemisphere, a $250 million slate financing transaction for large budget studio films, including Tin Tin, Men in Black III and Smurfs.