In Good Company | Issue No. 8
We have observed the tough decisions business owners and individuals have had to make in light of these unprecedented times. We know that everyone is doing the best they can under these dire circumstances. We also feel it is important to shine a light on local businesses and community members and the remarkable ways in which they’ve quickly pivoted to adapt to the changing landscape despite the difficult decisions they have had to make. Each week we’ll be sharing positive stories that we’re hearing. We're proud to be IN GOOD COMPANY.
This week's stories:
- Support.com provides technology support to both individuals and small businesses. For the past few months, they have provided their TechSolutions service for FREE on a 24/7 basis to anyone having issues with their work-from-home devices – regardless of when and where they purchased the device. They have already helped tens of thousands of people solve their technology issues to keep them working, learning, and staying connected. Additionally, the company has been continuing to hire – and more than 50% of its team members are veterans and/or people with disabilities. READ MORE
- LSTN Sound Co. is paying it forward by giving away a pair of earbuds every day to healthcare professionals. In addition, for every pair of earbuds purchased, they will donate another pair to a nominated healthcare worker. Their hope is to make a small difference and help the community get through this difficult time. READ MORE
- RYTE Sport pivoted early and fast to making masks. Due to their buy one, give one campaign, they have donated tens of thousands of masks to those on the front lines. Additionally, a portion of each sale is donated to Education is Forever, which supports homeless and low-income students ages 18 to 26 in getting to and through community college. READ MORE
- Opportunity Fund will team up with Andy Cohen, Tyson Buhler (Death & Co.), and celebrity chef Nyesha Arrington tonight (May 28 at 6:00 p.m.) to host the Internet’s largest cocktail and dinner party supporting small business relief during COVID-19. Opportunity Funded chefs Natasha Case (Coolhaus), Alicia Villanueva (Alicia's Tamales Los Mayas), and Deanna Sison (Little Skillet, Victory Hall, and Mestiza Taqueria) will join. RSVP to enjoy music, entertainment, and laughs with host Andy Cohen in conversation with small business owners, advocates, and celebrity guests throughout the show. READ MORE
- Oprah Winfrey is giving grants to the cities she’s called home through her $12 million coronavirus relief fund. Oprah Winfrey Charitable Foundation will donate money to organizations dedicated to helping underserved communities in Chicago, Baltimore, Nashville, Milwaukee, and Kosciusko, Mississippi, where she was born. READ MORE
Have a story to submit? We would love to include them in our weekly newsletter. Email Ben Helfman at [email protected] with your story.
We’ve all received several alerts over the past few weeks regarding the various local, state and federal initiatives that have been enacted to combat the global pandemic. This is not one of those newsletters. For the latest legal insights, please refer to the firm’s Coronavirus Resource Center. To the extent that you have any questions in light of any developments, we are available to assist.